Friday, April 1, 2011

Vitamin C supplementation

So I try not to be too much of a journal junkie because I personally feel like there are scientists out there wasting time and effort on biased trials just so they can make a claim that Honey Nut Cheerios reduces cholesterol, but I did find this journal article interesting, especially considering  many people I know use Vitamin C supplements to HELP with training. Maybe you should think twice. In fact, and I am still digging, but Vitamin D in the winter when there is no access to sun is about the only supplement that I am 100 percent behind. Yes, I like fish oil, but there are some interesting counter-arguments there (I'll get into that later).

In the meantime, check out the article about Vitamin C and if you're not a complete nerd like me, just read the conclusion!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18175748

No comments:

Post a Comment